Qorma … I am definitely not going to waste your time in telling what is Qorma … there are only two ways of knowing about it … first you can check Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korma .. 😛 …or Second you have to cook and taste it .. 😛 …
So we’ll start now …
What all we need :
- Chicken or Mutton whatever suits you 😛 … You can try others too if your state govts allows you 😛 — 1 Kg
- Onions 1/2 Kg
- Garlic Ginger Paste – 2 tablespoon full
- Dhania Powder (Coriander) — 3 big spoons
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon full
- Salt — to taste
- Whole Spices like Badi Elaichi, Choti Elaichi, Pepper, Cloves, Zeera, Tezpatta, Darcheeni – small amounts of all
- Curd — 100gm
- Fry finely chopped onions in a pressure cooker till they become pink.
- Add all the whole spices and fry again till onions become red and crispy.
- Add the meat and mix well.
- Add garlic ginger paste, dhania powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Do not let the mixture stick to the base of the cooker and get burnt, so u have to keep stirring the same and mix well.
- Dhania powder will take time to cook and hence we need to add small amounts of curd during the process to avoid the mixture from burning at the base. We need to add curd and then mix. Wait till oil separates and then add small amount of curd again. This we need to do atleast 4 times. This step is very important, so no need to hurry. Wait till dhania is cooked and taste to check.
- Now put the cooker on full flame and put the lid on. After the first whistle, cook it on sim flame and wait for four whistles.
- Your Qorma is ready … Enjoy with Chapaati or Naan ….